When Sarah & I are not baking, one of our other favorite things to do is go to Disney! Since our summer is coming to a close, we made plans and took a short road trip to the Happiest Place on Earth! Our trip wouldn’t be complete without Mickey shaped foods as well as tasting the many amazing desserts of Disney!
You ready to see some of our favorites?
First stop is always ALWAYS the Confectionery on Main Street U.S.A.! When you walk in you are hit with the sweet smell of sugary confections! From caramel apples to cotton candy to swirly whirly lollipops! It is like entering into a confectionery dream! What are our go to favorites here?
- Cotton Candy: A MUST! The swirly, fluffy, melt in your mouth cloud of blue and pink spun sugar is too good to pass up!
- Mickey shaped Rice Krispie treats: I love love LOVE these! Somehow a simple Rice Krispie treat tastes 10x better when it is Mickey shaped!
- Caramel Corn: In the mood for something sweet and salty, then caramel corn is for you. P.S. the chocolate drizzled caramel corn is amazing!
- Caramel Apples: These have to be the most adorable things in the shop! You first get entranced by watching the lovely Disney confectionaries (is that even a word?) dip the vibrant green apples into caramel and/or chocolate. They then get decorated in various ways to resemble Disney characters or to remain a simple and stunning treat! Sarah’s go to favorite is the apple pie caramel apple 🙂
Next up is all things ICE CREAM 🙂
Ice cream is my all time favorite dessert and in Disney World there are plenty of options. In Magic Kingdom the best places to visit are:
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: Not only is this place super cute inside but if you order a cone they put little pieces of chocolate on your ice cream so it looks like Mickey Mouse! From sundaes to waffle cones this is the most popular place to get ice cream in the park!
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies: Located in Tomorrowland this is my new favorite spot for soft-serve ice-cream in Magic Kingdom. Choose from vanilla, chocolate, or swirl in a cone or cup and you are set to enter into Tomorrow!
- Aloha Isle: Located in Adventureland, what Disney day would be complete without stopping to get some Dole Whip! The light and tangy taste of the Pineapple Dole Whip is the perfect treat when wanting to cool down from the relentless Florida heat.
- The Classic: a.k.a. the Mickey Mouse ice cream bar! Who doesn’t love a simple treat that resembles the Mouse himself 🙂 Eating one in the park makes a trip to Disney simply magical.
Besides the Confectionery and ice cream, there are tons of other amazing desserts to choose from in Disney. Fudge, marshmallow treats, chocolate dipped fruit, clusters, cookies, etc, etc, etc…I could go on forever. Riding the attractions is one key part in visiting Disney, but for us confectioners (I think at this point I’m just making up words) another key part is grabbing our favorite Mickey shaped sweet! Looking into a display case at Disney is an experience (does anyone else hear the angel chorus singing HALLELUJAH!?), soak it all in and discover your favorite sweet treat!
We would love to hear what your favorite sweet treat to eat at the Disney parks is! Comment below and let us know!! 🙂
Peace, love, and baking,